Tuesday 20 July 2010

Ed Miliband On Marriage Equality...

More on this tomorrow with links and comment...

"Q (from Jae): Following Ed Balls and Diane Abbott announcing their support for marriage equality, will he retract his comments about there not being enough people calling for it and come out in support of LGBT equality?

A. My position on this is pretty simple, which is that we did a consultation in the run up to the manifesto, and it wasn’t raised with me as an issue. But obviously if it’s something that is felt to be an important issue, I understand absolutely the reasons for that, and then it’s something we should definitely look at. And I’m very happy to say that and I completely understand and sympathise with the wish for equality in this area."

If you feel benevolent and particularly generous, this writer always appreciates things bought for him from his wishlist

No comments: